Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a five star luxury hotel located at the 'Paris end' of Little Collins Street in the heart of the shopping & theatre district. 308 accommodation suites across 2 towers, supported by Restaurant and bar and 2 floors of conference space. We are now seeking a full time Maintenance Manager to join our maintenance team.
We are currently seeking an experienced and professional Maintenance Manager to manage and oversee all aspects of property maintenance and improvements across our 308-suite hotel. As part of the senior management team you will report directly to the General Manager and a day to day working relationship with the Rooms Division Manager, and be responsible for a team of professional trade and support staff, this is a hands on role which will see you in the operations daily with your team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading your team to plan and carry out preventative maintenance and general repairs throughout the Hotel ensuring the highest standards are maintained
- Prepare and submit capex proposals and manage capex projects
- Liaising closely with other departments to ensure minimal impact of repairs and maintenance on the operations
- Training your staff and sharing your expertise to improve the overall team’s skill set
- Liaising closely with the Rooms Division Manager to ensure the Hotel upholds OH&S and fire safety regulations
- Coordination of external contractors as required, including obtaining quotes, raising purchase orders and ensuring work is completed in an agreed time frame and within adherence to hotel safety standards
- Designing and implementing solutions to improve energy management and conservation
- Preparing monthly maintenance reporting
- Researching, recommending and liaising with the Rooms Division Manager regarding procedures to improve the overall efficiency of the department
- Carrying out project work as required and/or as requested by the Rooms Division Manager
- Active participation in the implementation and adherence to all Work Health & Safety policies and practices.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Maintenance Manager
- Trade qualification(s) are essential
- A degree in either electrical or mechanical engineering is highly desirable
- Previous experience in a large scale hotel Engineering department is desirable
- Previous experience in managing large scale capex projects
- Strong management and teamwork capabilities
- Previous experience in with a PMS – Property Management System
- High level of communication and computer literacy skills